Webinar: Graduate Student Support: An Open Forum for Discussion
Date and Time
This session is an open forum for faculty and lecturers to share their experiences and challenges with supervising graduate students and supporting virtual graduate classes and programs during COVID-19.
This session will host three breakout rooms. We invite you to share your experiences, challenges, and best practices with:
- Staying connected with graduate students virtually
- Helping graduate students pivot their research
- Supporting virtual graduate classes
These breakout sessions will not be recorded to facilitate an open, honest, and productive discussion in a community of practice.
Prior to and during the session, please consider sharing useful resources around graduate supervision, research, and programs during COVID-19. Summary materials, including resources shared during this forum, will be made available online.
Register for this session. Please indicate in the registration field which breakout room you would like to attend.
A reminder about resources available to you
Resources for faculty advisors
- Tips for remote thesis defenses and oral qualifying exams
- Guidelines for conducting a remote oral qualifying exam
- Guidelines for conducting a remote thesis defense