CSAHS COVID-19 Delay Assistance Program
The College of Social and Applied Human Sciences recognizes the significant impact the COVID-19 pandemic has had, and continues to have, on our graduate students. The pandemic has caused a partial or complete disruption of research progress for many of our graduate students, causing unavoidable delays and unexpected financial challenges.
To address the continued needs of our graduate students, the College of Social and Applied Human Sciences has established the COVID-19 Delay Assistance Program co-funded by the Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
Questions about the COVID-19 Delay Assistance Program can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is open to research-based, full-time or part-time, domestic or international, graduate students in the College of Social and Applied Human Sciences (CSAHS) who are beyond their program duration and who were not able to make significant progress due to COVID-19 delays.
Financial support will be provided to students who were registered in a program (and not taken an LOA) during W20/S20 and experienced disruptions to their research.
The COVID-19 Delay Assistance Program provides up to $5,500 of financial support to graduate students.
Students can apply if they are receiving funding in the semester of application; however, this program will only provide the difference up to a total of $5,500. Students can only apply once for this support program during the entire duration of their degree.
- Domestic or International students who are registered full-time (FT) or part-time (PT) in a research-based program in CSAHS registered in the W20/S20 semesters;
- and whose most recent progress report indicates "satisfactory" progress. If progress was "some concerns" or "unsatisfactory," students may still apply by providing a letter from faculty advisor explaining progress impediments that were not COVID-related;
- and who were not able to make significant, expected progress in achieving research objectives due to COVID-19;
- and who are beyond program duration for the semester of application (FT registration: > 6 terms for MA/MSc and > 12 terms for Doctoral; PT registration: > 11 terms for MA/MSc and > 20 terms for Doctoral).
This program is not open to students:
- on a leave of absence (LOA) during the Winter 2020 or Summer 2020 semester (i.e. students who were not impacted by COVID-19 academic/research delays because they were on an LOA for W20 or S20).
- registered in the Master of Conservation Leadership.
- who are receiving $5,500.00 or more from other funding sources at the University of Guelph for the semester of application.
Email the following documents to email@example.com from your U of G email:
- completed application form.
- a letter from the faculty advisor detailing how the student's progress was impeded by COVID-19 disruptions, and how this affected subsequent completion of program requirements.
- a PDF copy of the student's most recent progress report.
Eligibility will be notified via U of G email.