GRA Position in the Live Work Well Research Centre 3
An opportunity is available for a graduate research assistant position at The Live Work Well Research Centre, starting as soon as possible, until the end of August 2020. Our work is centred around anticipating and responding to the changing needs of families, livelihoods, and living environments through research, teaching, and knowledge sharing.
June to August 31, 2020; with possibility of extension. Up to 15 hours per week.
Description of research project
The research project is called "Engendering Disability Inclusive Development." Funded through a seven year SSHRC Partnership Grant, the project builds on established relationships with NGOs, policy makers, and researchers to improve the lives of diverse girls and women with disabilities in the world. This GRA position reports to the Interim Project Manager, Dr. Laura Pin, and the Project Director, Dr. Deborah Stienstra.
- Coordinate meetings, data sharing, and input with community partners
- Update and adjust project work plan as needed
- Prepare content and templates for partner engagement
- Provide logistical support for the work of the Hubs as required
- Attend project meetings as required (remotely)
- Undertake other relevant tasks related to the project
- MA or PhD student
- Experience in interdisciplinary research and community engaged scholarship
- Interest in issues of disability justice, international development and/or international human rights
- Strong organization skills
- Appropriate equipment, space, and internet connection to conduct work remotely
- Project management experience
- Experience in inclusive practices and accessibility
How to Apply
Qualified graduate students from all departments and/or programs are welcome to apply for the position, but priority will be given to those in CSAHS. Students with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter, which details your experience and interest, via email, indicating GRA EDID in the subject line to Valérie Grand’Maison, firstname.lastname@example.org, by June 18, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST.