GRA Position in the Live Work Well Research Centre 2
An opportunity is available for a graduate research assistant position at The Live Work Well Research Centre, starting as soon as possible, until the end of August 2020. Our work is centred around anticipating and responding to the changing needs of families, livelihoods, and living environments through research, teaching, and knowledge sharing.
June to August 31, 2020; with possibility of extension. Up to 15 hours per week.
Description of Research Project
The research project is called “Engendering Disability Inclusive Development”. Funded through a seven year SSHRC Partnership Grant, the project builds on established relationships with NGOs, policy makers, and researchers to improve the lives of diverse girls and women with disabilities in the world. This GRA position is involved in the Knowledge Mobilization Hub of the project, reports to the Knowledge Mobilization Manager, Valérie Grand’Maison and the Project Director, Dr. Deborah Stienstra.
- Coordinate meetings, data sharing, and input for the Knowledge Mobilization Hub
- Prepare Knowledge Mobilization plans and guides for research teams to complete
- Prepare relevant and appropriate knowledge sharing tools
- Support learning and sharing among research team members, including civil society, non-government organizations, and academics.
- Attend project meetings as required (remotely)
- Undertake other relevant tasks related to the project
- MA or PhD student
- Experience in knowledge mobilization
- Experience in interdisciplinary research and community engaged scholarship
- Interest in issues of disability justice, international development, and/or international human rights
- Strong organization skills
- Appropriate equipment, space, and internet connection to conduct work remotely
- Experience creating accessible documents
- Experience in inclusive practices and accessibility
How to Apply
Qualified graduate students from all departments and/or programs are welcome to apply for the position, but priority will be given to those in CSAHS. Students with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter, which details your experience and interest, via email, indicating GRA KMb EDID in the subject line to Valérie Grand’Maison, email@example.com, by June 18, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST.