GRA Position in the Live Work Well Research Centre 1
An opportunity is available for a graduate research assistant position at The Live Work Well Research Centre, starting as soon as possible, until the end of August 2020. Our work is centred around anticipating and responding to the changing needs of families, livelihoods, and living environments through research, teaching, and knowledge sharing.
June 22, 2020 to August 31, 2020; max. 190 hours (up to 15 hrs per week).
Description of research project
The research project is called “Mobilizing marginalized knowledges and practices for structural transformation”. The objective is to propose policy responses that could mitigate the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on people living with poverty. Using a livelihoods framework and intersectional policy analysis, we will identify gaps in current social policy responses to COVID-19. Through existing partnerships, our community engaged approach will also highlight strategies people living with poverty are using to respond to these gaps. This GRA position reports to Dr. Leah Levac and Dr. Laura Pin, the two Principal Investigators of the project.
- Support and monitor the ethics approval process
- Coordinate research meetings
- Organize participant recruitment and focus group logistics in collaboration with community partners
- Analyze focus group data
- Generate publicly accessible knowledge
- Undertake other relevant tasks related to the implementation of the project
- MA or PhD student
- Experience in interdisciplinary research and community engaged scholarship
- Knowledge and experience using intersectionality
- Interest in issues of social and economic justice
- Appropriate equipment, space, and internet connection to conduct work remotely
- Knowledge and experience with livelihoods framework
- Experience in conducting policy analyses
How to Apply
Qualified graduate students from all departments and/or programs are welcome to apply for the position, but priority will be given to those in CSAHS. Students with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter, which details your experience and interest, via email, indicating GRA COVID-19 in the subject line to Valérie Grand’Maison, email@example.com, by Wednesday, June 10, 2020.