The departments, centres, institutes and other units within the College of Social and Applied Human Sciences explore a wide range of academic subjects. A core set of goals and key values help guide teaching, research, and engagement with the broader community. These values help the College in its pursuit of excellence and to chart its course ahead.
To be a world-class leader of integrated scholarship that addresses the critical, complex issues facing our world.
To address vital issues facing individuals, families, communities, and our world through rigorous research, learner-centred teaching, and engagement with people and communities.
- Scholarship that integrates teaching, research, and interdisciplinary collaboration
- Mobilization of knowledge from the academy into society to create positive change
- Equality, inclusion, and respect for all those we serve within our communities and globally
- The ecological, social, physical, and economic health and wellbeing of our planet and its people
CSAHS by the Numbers
- Family Relations & Applied Nutrition
- Political Science
- Sociology & Anthropology
- Centre for Psychological Services
- Couple and Family Therapy Centre
- Live Work Well Research Centre
- ReVision: The Centre for Art and Social Justice
- Guelph Institute of Development Studies (GIDS)
- Community Engaged Scholarship Institute (CESI)
200+ Faculty and Staff
5000+ Undergraduate students
300+ Graduate students