COVID-19 Financial Assistance for Graduate Students
The College of Social and Applied Human Sciences is introducing two new programs of financial support in response to the challenges experienced by students enrolled in its graduate programs.
Program 1: CSAHS COVID-19 Summer 2020 Emergency Program
The College will provide up to $2,500.00, paid out as a GRA, during Summer 2020 to:
- students who are not able to make significant, expected progress in achieving research objectives in Summer 2020.
- and who are beyond program duration in Summer 2020.
- and who are not eligible for the Special COVID-19 Dean’s Scholarship Award provided by the Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies in Summer 2020.
Accepting applications for the COVID-19 Summer 2020 Emergency Program starting Monday, May 25, 2020.
Application deadline is August 14, 2020.
Applications must be submitted in Summer 2020 only, the program is available in Summer 2020 only, and students can be funded by this program once only.
- at the time of application for this support, the student must be registered Full Time (FT) or Part Time (PT) in a research-based program of CSAHS.
- at the time of application for this support, the student must be beyond program duration (FT registration: > 6 terms for MA/MSc and > 12 terms for Doctoral; PT registration: > 11 terms for MA/MSc and > 20 terms for Doctoral).
- the faculty advisor must confirm and describe research delays caused by COVID-19 in the Summer 2020 term.
- the Fall 2019 Progress Report indicating “satisfactory” progress. If “some concerns” or “unsatisfactory” were selected, students may apply with a written explanation from their faculty advisor.
This program is not open to:
- students on a leave of absence in Summer 2020.
- students registered in the Master of Conservation Leadership.
- students who are eligible for the Special COVID-19 Dean’s Scholarship Award provided by the Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies in Summer 2020.
- students who received $6000.00 or more from other funding sources at the University of Guelph in Summer 2020.
Application package must include:
- fillable application form.
- a letter from the faculty advisor detailing how the student’s progress was impeded by COVID-19 disruptions, and how this affected subsequent completion of program requirements.
- a copy of the student’s Fall 2019 progress report signed by all members of the Graduate Advisory Committee.
Submit applications to email@example.com.
Program 2: CSAHS COVID-19 Delay Assistance Program
This program will be available for applications as of Fall 2020.
Its primary objective will be to support graduate students (domestic and international) registered (FT or PT) in a research-based program who were not able to make significant, expected progress in achieving research objectives in Summer 2020 and who, as a result, will require an “extra” term beyond original planned completion.
This program will be finalized and communicated to units and graduate students in July/August 2020.
Please, do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information about these programs.