COVID-19 Financial Assistance for Graduate Students
The College of Social and Applied Human Sciences is introducing new programs of financial support in response to the challenges experienced by students enrolled in its graduate programs.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information about assistance programs.
CSAHS COVID-19 Delay Assistance Program (2020-2021)
Accepting applications for the COVID-19 Summer 2020 Emergency Program starting September 1, 2020.
- The application deadline for the fall '20 semester is October 14, 2020.
- The application deadline for the winter '21 semester is January 4, 2021.
- The application deadline for the summer '21 semester is May 3, 2021.
Research-based, full-time or part-time, domestic or international, graduate students in the College of Social and Applied Human Sciences (CSAHS) who are beyond their program duration and who were not able to make significant progress due to COVID-19 delays can apply for the COVID-19 Program Delay co-funded by CSAHS and the Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies. Applications for 2020-2021 can be submitted at anytime during F20, W21, or S21. Application form.
- Email this completed application form and accompanying documents to email@example.com from U of G email.
- Eligibility will be notified via U of G email.
- The COVID-19 Programs Delay provides up to $5,500 of financial support to graduate students.
- Students can only apply once for this support program during the entire duration of their degree.
CSAHS COVID-19 Delay Program Eligibility:
- Domestic or International students who are registered full-time (FT) or part-time (PT) in a research-based program in CSAHS;
- and whose most recent progress report indicates "satisfactory" progress. If progress was "some concerns" or "unsatisfactory," students may still apply by providing a letter from faculty advisor explaining progress impediments that were not COVID-related;
- and who were not able to make significant, expected progress in achieving research objectives due to COVID-19;
- and who are beyond program duration for the semester of application (FT registration: > 6 terms for MA/MSc and > 12 terms for Doctoral; PT registration: > 11 terms for MA/MSc and > 20 terms for Doctoral).
This program is not open to students:
- on a leave of absence (LOA) for the entirety of 2020 (i.e., students who were not impacted by COVID-19 academic/research delays because they were on a LOA for W20, S20, and F20).
- registered in the Master of Conservation Leadership.
- who are receiving $6,000.00 or more from other funding sources at the University of Guelph for the semester of application.
Application package must include:
- completed application form.
- a letter from the faculty advisor detailing how the student's progress was impeded by COVID-19 disruptions, and how this affected subsequent completion of program requirements.
- a PDF copy of the student's most recent progress report.